Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Highline College Library - the building is closed until further notice, but staff are working remotely to support you. See our Updates and Resources page >
Online Consultation Booking Tool
Students can schedule 30 minute research consultations up to 24 hours in advance.
Select the date and time for your consultation. Select a librarian from the drop-down list. Scroll down the page, complete the form and hit submit.
Finally, check your email for a confirmation message from the librarian with a link to your Zoom meeting room for the consultation. It might take a few hours to get this, please be patient.
(If you need to cancel your consultation, there is a link in the confirmation email message. You can reschedule for another time by booking a new consultation.)
What are Research Consultations?
Research Consultations offer 30 minute individual or small group meetings with a reference librarian who can help you develop research strategies based on your research questions and information needs. Need help immediately? Try our 24/7 chat and email service.
During consultations, we can help with:
- Keyword Searches -- What words to use while you search
- Refining Research Question or Statement
- Citation and Documentation of Sources -- MLA or APA citations
- Source Assessment (Determining Reliability of Sources) -- Web sites, articles, or books
- Database Use/Selection - Which database is right for your research topic
- Searching Google -- How to be efficient and effective using a search engine like Google to find resources on the internet.
Ask A Librarian
Ask a Librarian!
We're here to help with library and research questions!
Highline College librarians are available to help you via Chat and Email during the following hours during the campus closure:
Monday - Thursday: 9am-7pm
If you need help from a librarian when a Highline Librarian isn't available, use the 24/7 chat service.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.