Skip to main content
Highline College Library - the building is closed until further notice, but staff are working remotely to support you. See our Updates and Resources page >
What We Offer
Your HC Librarians are happy to meet with you at any time to discuss your research assignment. We can:
- review an existing assignment and provide feedback for revisions to it
- co-develop an assignment with you
- provide examples of successful research assignments
- explain the biggest mistakes we see students making during research
- and much more
Why It's Important
- "A recent survey of faculty handouts for research assignments found that most of the handouts provided details for length, citation guide style and how to get assistance from the faculty member. What wasn’t included was a critical need for most undergraduate students: context for the research topic" (Schuck).
- Co-developing an assignment with a librarian can save the faculty member precious time for content-specific instruction and can help improve the quality of the assignments submitted by students.
- Let us help you align your research assignment with your course outcomes and provide valuable feedback on how students do research these days (Believe us; it's not always pretty!).
Schuck, Beth. "For Better Research Assignments, Ask a Librarian." Faculty Focus. Magna Publications, 17 Oct. 2011. Web. 17 Oct. 2011.
Survey citation: Head, Alison J. and Michael B. Eisenberg. “Assigning Inquiry: How Handouts for Research Assignments Guide Today’s College Students.” Project Information Literacy Progress Report, University of Washington’s Information School. 13 July 2010. Web. 17 Oct. 2011.
Ask a Librarian
Ask a Librarian!
We're here to help with library and research questions!
Highline College librarians are available to help you via Chat and Email during the following hours during the campus closure:
Monday - Thursday: 9am-5pm
Friday - Saturday: No Service
If you need help from a librarian when a Highline Librarian isn't available, use the 24/7 chat service.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.