Highline College Librarians are available to help you during the following hours:
If you need help from a librarian when Highline College Librarians are not available, please use the 24/7 chat service.
Highline Library, Building 25
Ask Us 24/7!
Schedule a Consultation!
Information Literacy is:
"Visual literacy is a set of abilities that enables an individual to effectively find, interpret, evaluate, use, and create images and visual media."
In an interdisciplinary, higher education environment, a visually literate individual is able to:
• Determine the nature and extent of the visual materials needed
• Find and access needed images and visual media effectively and efficiently
• Interpret and analyze the meanings of images and visual media
• Evaluate images and their sources
• Use images and visual media effectively
• Design and create meaningful images and visual media
• Understand many of the ethical, legal, social, and economic issues surrounding the creation and use of images and visual media, and access and use visual materials ethically.
ACRL Visual Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL)